Followers

Monday, March 19, 2012

Ditching dreams..

Dreams were the essence of a young mind. Dreams used to be the thing that set a child for the future that one will have. However, as time goes by, we grew older and the more we discover that our dreams are not something that we can really pursue. This can due to many reasons. Academics, family, religion etc. but mostly, these dreams were ditched, yes, chucked away in a harsh manner, is because of the promise of stability one career have over the dream career.

Take mine for instance. I have always love art ever since I remember being able to think. As time goes by, I develop a liking towards a specific art; fashion, and being a fashion designer is all I want to be. But then again I learn the harsh true about the industry. How many had fallen due to inability to get sale and some, settle for other vocations to continue life and earn sustenance. Only a few succeeded, the rest fell flat. So, I decided to go to another field that promised stability and security in the working world; education. But, deep in my heart, I still miss the passion I have for fashion and I constantly hope for it to still be reachable.

I believe more stories as such are to be heard from many other people. For those who got to chase their dream and succeed, I am happy at least some people found their true calling and really go for it. For those like me, I shall make the best of what have I put myself into and have a good life with it, with a distant memory of a long lost dream..

*thinking*

No comments:

Post a Comment